Hi,

just finished cutting and binding carpets for my TR2, and thought you may be interested in a gadget which makes binding dead easy, see photo below.

Its an atachement which feeds and folds the binding over the edge of the carpet. Bought it on Ebay for less than £15, it will fit any normal domestic or industrial sewing machine. The size you want is a 1" feeder, see this link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24mm-BIAS-BINDER-BINDING-ATTACHMENT-INDUSTRIAL-SEWING-WALKING-FOOT-MACHINES-/170768154760?pt=UK_CraftsCollect_SewingMachines_RL&hash=item27c2934088

I am using a 'walking foot' machine, a copy of an American machine made by Sailrite, but have also bound car carpets on my mum's old Pfaff machine.

I cut the binding from strips of leather hide, vinyl is just as easy.

If you want to see it in action, go to the 'Sailrite' website, they have links to their videos, which are very helpfull.

If you need more details let me know.

Hope this of interest,

Mike

post-11997-0-54926200-1406583158_thumb.jpg

Yes, this interesting. For things beyond cars, too. Gotta do some checking on Sailrite's site.