TR4 steering rack LHD pinion shaft slack

Discovered with everything done up tight on the steering wheel / column/ joints there is play/ slop in the pinion.

Shims , bushes ,etc don't seem to be sold separately to enable a strip down and repair.

Is a new or reconditioned rack my only option for my late TR4 or are sources for " spares " available ?

Bob

Thanks for the replies / offers guys.

The track rod ends were fine ( Re greased and new boots fitted see below )

Consulting my diary I worked out that I had a very limited number of days to sort out the problem before attending a number of Classic Car events with the Thames Valley Group.

I ordered a new rack from Revington which was a bargain price compared to other suppliers.

Delivered Tuesday and fitted the same day.Just putting the rad hoses back and have got to arrange to have the tracking checked.

Haven't had a moment to examine the bits of the old rack yet and I guess one of the firms will pay for old stock for refurbishing.

Thanks again.

Bob

Keep your original rack as you can get it refurb and it will come in handy when your new one wears out. ;)

Stuart.