CT392 on the road

Just got the car MOT'd at the Bancroft emporium Stalybridge, can now send off for the registration number and tax disc, once this could be done in a day at the

local DVLA office, car ran well, the ported head and 4 branch manifold seeming to make a difference, the rear end is so so high though.

ordinary TR4 springs with superpro bushes, why its sitting like this? I don't know, also tips on polishing would be welcome (Peter)

and whats wrong with Red? Didnt want to over restore this car.

P1030292_zps5becf12f.jpg

P1030291_zps0a2123e9.jpg

P1030293_zpsf34da13a.jpg

Edited by pfenlon

Hello Pete

From memory, I seem to recall that early LHD Cars had two 'extra leaf spring packers' fitted on one rear spring. These were not fitted to the Home Market cars.

Is it the same height on both sides?

I had a similar ride height problem. In this condition how close is the axle to the chassis as mine nearly touched.

Struggled with U bolt lengths with neither available length being suitable. New springs etc. all correct and none of usual suppliers had any ideas.

Cured my set up by manufacturing some additional aluminium blocks between spring and axle.

Neil

Hi Pete,

I have limited knowledge of polishing but what I have done appears to work.

Depending on how bad the current paint scheme is -

1 - Rub down with Halfords rubbing compound. This is fairly coarse so be careful. :huh:

2 - Facelcla G3 this is much much less coarse than above and will remove any marks left by the above ;) .

3 - farcecla G10 this is very fine and really sorts the surface out. :):)

4 - Autoglym - this makes the G10 explode in to mirror like reflection. B)

5 - take round to Peter Dykins for his approval :P

Roger

PS - sorry for the smilies

Did someone call?

Actually, if it were mine, I'd leave it how it is.

Whilst I have been known to appreciate a well polished car I also quite like the "rat rod look"

So, I can't believe I'm writing this but, keep the Meguiars in the garage and enjoy the car as it is. :)

Regards

Peter

Did someone call?

Actually, if it were mine, I'd leave it how it is.

Whilst I have been known to appreciate a well polished car I also quite like the "rat rod look"

So, I can't believe I'm writing this but, keep the Meguiars in the garage and enjoy the car as it is. :)

Regards

Peter

Peter I always had great respect for your uncompromising outlook on preparation as it should be done, now your my hero.

Congratulations Pete,

You've done a great job on this car and I'm privileged to have seen it in many stages of its transformation. Looking forward to seeing it again next Wednesday.

Well done.

Oh, and if you really want to polish it, let someone else do it for you. Looks great as it is.

All the best.

Dave.

Nowt wrong with that Pete, you can't get patina out of a spray gun, and you don't have to worry when some council house couch potato visiting the supermarket opens the door of his Mondeo into your wing . . . .

The wheels are a tad blingish, but if our Tyson cocks his leg up on them they'll tone down nicely . . . . :D

Cheers

Alec

Your early car shouldn't have the ally blocks...unless, of course, it has the later springs fitted. I'd be checking the specs of everything first, I think, unless you know what it is for sure (I can't remember if you replaced everything).