Hi all,

I know this has been covered before, but I wasn't able to find an exact answer.

My front brakes are rattling good style, despite new discs, pads, no play in the wheel bearings. I've since bought a new pin kit which includes some springs. I've not tried to fit these yet but can't visualise where they go! There are 4 in total, has anyone fitted these?

Edited by stephen cooper

Hi Stephen,

I bought some springs like yours for my 4A, they were to long! Have you got the shims which go behind the pads? Fit the pads and shims into the caliper after applying Copperease.

The loop in the middle of the spring fits over the edge of the pad, the edge with the pin holes in. You then insert the pin into the brake caliper and before it goes into the hole in the pad you have to depress the end of the spring so that it is put under tension, the same when the pin goes through the hole in the inner pad. The same procedure withe the other pin. Hope this helps.

Graham