O/S Head Lamp goes up and down.

My tr7 OS headlamp has started going up and down intermittently.

First time was did it was after I had just washed it assumed wet wiring and squirted some wd40 onto the cables. Seemed to sort it.

Second time was Friday (July 19th) apart from the car being hot after standing in the sun car was dry (not just washed).

Both lights rise and stop on master switch and both lights come on.

N/S goes down and stays down O/S keeps going up and down when switch turned off!.

Relay can heard clicking at the end each up/down cycle.

Headlight seems to be normal both light goes up wait a while then both go down and park down no problem.

It stops if gently help it go down by pushing gently on O/S unit on a down cycle at which point it stays down.

I am guessing some sort wiring fault but I don't see why the lamps work properly on flash mode but then not park when the properly when the master is off!

The master is off when they flashed and that works OK. Which sort eliminates the lamp limit micro switch.

Hi Charles,

It's probably the connector to the headlamp inside the bonnet (front corner), three pin plug usually red, disconnect it, clean it, WD40 it, and reconnect it.

Hope this helps?

Phil