A little photoshoot!

Rod ~

She's ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Is she fitted with a White or Off-White hood and screens?

My 3A is finished in Signal Red and will be fitted with Off-White weather equipment, only because

I can't get the original Fawn colour.

Best regards ~

Tom.

Beaut Rod. Nice photos!

Hi Tom,

Fitted with white white, hell to keep clean and the flies love to **** on it. Hood, sidescreens and tonneau cover are white but I got an black hood stick cover.

Here are the oily bits which are suffering from leaking pushrod tubes for which I need to find a solution without taking the head off..

P5300106.jpg

This is hopefully a spur to those of us completing a diy restoration, I only have myself to blame for any shortfalls but I cannot lay claim to the paintwork only the polishing of it. This was a bare metal job due to a poor US restoration and sitting for years unfinished. Every panel on the car is original from the factory and almost totally rust free, if there is such a thing. Last nut and bolt yep I know every damned one of them!!!!

Tom,

Was able to match the original trim, and wet gear with samples sent to lay beside my unfaded sections. Fawn or beige depending in colour naming

Edited by Rodbr

Wow, that is really nice Rod. I enjoyed your first-person account of your TR-2 awaiting surgery from Stuart. Perhaps your 3A will fancy a little night time garage action with the 2 when it emerges all shiny and fresh like this one. If you're lucky they will have little sidescreen babies!

Dan

Hi Dan,

I was thinking about extracting DNA from both and using that plus stem replacement on my very very tired old sister TR3 so I can finally have a menage a trois, something I've dreamt of all my life. Three fresh and game sisters under same roof, but I fear it may end in divorce if I carry on at this rate. I may even burn out my motor.

With an ass like this

P5300096.jpg

And curves like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICT1792.jpg

Hi Rod

You can be proud of that baby, looks good in black and white, but wouldn´t be good here in Spain, you would not be able to touch the paintwork. I have a green/ dark grey metallic Peugeot and when in the sun with the white TR3A what a difference.

I see you are still LHD is that something you intend to change in the future or are you planning plenty of continental motoring?

Dave

Hi Dave,

I know what you mean about the heat, and dust attraction as well. She was always black from the factory and always Left hand drive so no intention change whats original. I am so used to swapping left to right driving that it doesn't bother me. I feel driving on the left with left hand drive allows precise positioning of the car and the only down side is overtaking which is slightly more difficult.

I am reasonably happy with although black is a pain as it shows every imperfection. She was built more a trailor park girl more than a trailor queen with the intention of using her as much as time allows.

Thanks for all the positive compliments as perhaps I am over critical of my own work. I did elect however to depart from the original black interior as I thought it was too alrogether too much black.

NAKED

For those arty types who like their bare naked ladies more mature, here's one with no clothes on from last summer.

20130825_160319.jpg

rgds

Rod

Edited by Rodbr

Nice car.

Do you know any of its history......mine is 3461DU and was supposed to have been an export car....but is RHD.

Hi Dick,

She was exported after registration in the UK to North America (kind of wide but nothing else narrowing it down a bit is known) Part of the Home Delivery Export Scheme. Has you car been converted to RHD subsequently or does the heritige Certificate state that it was originally RHD.

Hi Rod,

The heritage cert says RHD. To my knowledge the car never left the UK.

I have tried to find out more re. the personal export scheme but so far have drawn a blank.

I doubt that records still exist .....but you never know.

Regards,

Dick.

Hi Dick,

Check the bulkhead to see if there is provision hole for LHD, there shouldn't be. Send a PM with your commission number so we can compare them with the proximity of reg numbers.

Rgds

Rod

Hi Rod,

Cannot pm you. Keep getting a message saying you are not allowed pm's.

PM me with your email is an alternative.

Regards,

Dick.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Rod.

They do look nice in black especially with the chrome wires.

Will have to get the polish out on mine!!

I have a spare set of 48 spoke wires which I had finished in black, which also works very well.

Maybe see you at the International?

Peter

• 3 months later...