First drive of the season! Fuel additive did its work.

Earlier this morning a friend took me to the garage where my car was stored this winter. Before I stored the car last October, I added the correct amount of Millers' Tank Safe in the tank (which was 1/3 filled with petrol). I'd never used it before, so it was a 'first' for me to find out what would happen after trying to start the car.

In short: the car started like any car after a long 'lay up': turning the starter until the gauge showed oil pressure. And then I pulled the choke and tried to start the car. Within seconds, the car bursted into life. After a quick spin, I think I can safely say that the additive did its job: normally, the car runs very rough after the winter due to the fuel being 'off'. Not this time. The 10 mile trip between the garage and my house went perfectly! No rough running, no stutter or anything nasty.

I before put the car on the drive, I filled the tank with fresh 98 Octane fuel. A normal fill up. Ready for Spring and Summer!

Menno

Here's my car, pictured an hour ago, parked in front of my house.

foto2-11_zps7f35fe2f.jpg

foto-33_zps88489f82.jpg

Edited by Menno van Rij