Tr2 tr3 radiator blind on ebay

Interesting piece. These were used on trucks for winter running back in the day. We called them "winter fronts". The simplest were just fabric covers with snaps. They very useful on very cold days (minus degrees Fahrenheit). The cooling systems are more sophisticated now and over cooling is not as much of an issue today.

I used a bit of cardboard in front of the radiator on the TR3, but no longer drive in arctic conditions.

Tom

Nice accessory for the ultimate concourse show down.

As the seller says this is not a direct fit for TR2/3. The part number does not relate to TR2/3 either in my reference books.

Having seen a real TR2/3 item I confirm it should work up/down rather than across.

Cheers

Peter W

Here's how the September 1956 Standard and Triumph Accessories Catalog showed radiator blinds, including part numbers.

i-mjQzWtt-X2.jpg

Nice to see that the seller is located in San Diego. As if... he needs one there.

Volvo had these blinds on the 444 and the 544. My first Saab 96 had a fabric 'winterfront': a 3-part device to cover the grill. And finally: I found a fabric winterfront for a TR4 on a Dutch Gumtree-ish website and sold it here in de Sales Corner to a forumite in Denmark.

Menno