TR3A Bottom hose rigid pipe temp switch

Some help if I may please. I decided to fit a temp switch in a bottom hose rigid pipe rather than the thermo capillary in the top of the rad to switch my electric fan on/ off. I'm struggling however to get the new pipe with it's beautifully welded boss lined up sensibly. My brain is telling me to have the longer leg of the rigid at the top and the the bend in the pipe pointing forwards. If I do this the boss and switch are across the face of timing cover rather than in the fresh air next to turret. At the moment I am favouring the pipe having the boss welded on the wrong side, but I would love to be told differently.

If you have one of these pipes I would love to know where your boss is positioned.

Thanks in anticipation and regards

Rog

Thanks Brian. I did search the forum before posting but the issue for me is whether the switch boss is on the outside near the turret or on the inside in front of the timing case with the hoses connected and all lined up nicely.

Logic says it should be on the out side but there again life's full of surprises.

Regards

Rog

Thanks Roger, Thanks Tom

I will try again tomorrow and see if three of us can have the pipe in the same position!

I'll keep you posted

Regards

Rog