Latest pictures of my Smurf car

Super read Alan, thanks for posting. Thanks too Alec. I thought all Tr2s, 3s and 3as left the factory painted red...And I have always felt that anyone driving one painted any other color secretly envied me for having a factory painted red Tr3a....Even those whose car might have fewer dents, less rust and, perhaps, more tread on the tires....(Colour, Tyres). So as a word of caution, Alan, because of the color you should not be surprised to find your car is not quite as fast as a red Tr. And, although the girls heads will still spin round to look when you drive by, it will not happen so quickly nor with the same intensity as happens when one drives a red Tr.

All the very best Alan.

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the warnings, I did verify the co-tangent of the light spectrum effect vs the speed coefficient and friction disadvantages of blue against red before painting the car and I can confifm that red did have a better hyperslippyness binomal coefficient according to pingalas theory but in the end blue matches my smurf key ring so it really was a no brainer :lol:

As for spinning girly heads ............................................ :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Cheers

Alan

fluent in English froggie and b@llocks

Edited by Kiwifrog

Paul,

Alan is due to 'inherit' TuRK's old hood, tonneau and hood bag in months few, so I guess there is a tenuous link to an original Signal Red TR3A...........

Alan,

Sophie will need to keep an eye on you after you fit it.............besides, Signal Red matches the Smurf's hat!

Cheers

Andrew

Alan, I have read your comments. I am now trying to sort the real words from the ones you made up. A few have too many syllables for a person of my limited schooling. I did laugh like he'll though, but only to be polite. Again, keep sharing the car stuff.

Andrew. Am not sure how much the top and tonneau cover will help with the top speed, even though from a red Tr3a. Imagine Alan will get out from under the bonnet long enough to find his slide rule and calculate it for all to read.

All the best, Paul

Edwin, glad you joined this conversation. You are the person we need: red or blue... After all, you're busy turning your red car into a blue-ish car! I am sure that you can answer all questions re. speed, noise, women in due time when your car is finished.

Menno (who's about to wake up his car from hibernation next Tuesday!)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest photos, even buster the dog likes the colour, or at least I think that what he is trying to express, he surley could not be saying that his dad is mad!

front1_zpsa9b79dec.jpg

side_zps02ac297a.jpg

smurf_zps63b3ab87.jpg

apprentice_zps268743f4.jpg

• 1 month later...

CT (French MOT) booked for Friday, I hope it does not rain! Still missing the cappings as the upholsterer has not yet finished them, I gave him all the promised beer but he keeps muttering somthing about real work !

finished1_zpsd7e9c53f.jpg

" put the camera away dad lets go for a sneaky drive and not tell anyone"

finished2_zps92b4fab4.jpg

Edited by Kiwifrog

Here in MA they put an inspection sticker on the inside of the windshield, it is good for one year. It takes an industrial strength scraper to get it off in several pieces so it cannot be transferred. I'm thinking I'll get mine inspected with the windshield on and carry a picture of the sticker if I want to use the aeroscreens. I guess in the UK you still have that round piece of paper that you put in a removable holder ?. How does it work in France ?

Stan

Looking good Alan, will they pass it with just the aeroscreens on ?

Stan

I really dont know Stan, I hope so as I have not got a windscreen at the moment

Cheers

Alan

Very nice, Alan! I'm delighted to see a departément 24 number plate on a TR -- maybe we'll be able to connect the next time I'm in the Périgord?

Now, that's interesting! I'm thinking of removing the windscreen and installing aeros! And since mine has the same colour, it's really nice to see this configuration!

BTW, mine came with the same blue upholstery!

Menno

. I guess in the UK you still have that round piece of paper that you put in a removable holder ?. How does it work in France ?

Stan

Not for much longer, they are stopping issuing them later this year.

Stuart.

Very nice, Alan! I'm delighted to see a departément 24 number plate on a TR -- maybe we'll be able to connect the next time I'm in the Périgord?

Excellent Idea Don , pop me a PM when you are on your way over

Cheers

Alan

Happy Bunny report

Car passed its CT (MOT) with Zero defaults, the tester even remarked how good the brakes are compared to a lot of older cars he has tested!

Off to school féte now with the kids and to down a few beers, I am lucky its walking/staggering distance

cheers

Alan

Car passed its CT (MOT) with Zero defaults, the tester even remarked how good the brakes are compared to a lot of older cars he has tested!

That's not uncommon - if only other drivers were aware how good TR brakes are they might be less inclined to tailgate! As a committed 'late-braker' (according to my wife) I'm considering fitting a flasher switch to the brake light circuit to frighten them off. It would be even better if it had a sensor built-in to activate automatically when they get too close!

Happy Bunny report

Off to school féte now with the kids and to down a few beers, I am lucky its walking/staggering distance

cheers

Alan

Good job Alan, now you can legally drive it around while you finish re-trimming.

Stan

Well done Alan, makes all the hard work worthwhile!

Stuart.

Hi Stuart

you will now start to get phone calls from me when the thing goes wrong rather than asking for help with restoring the car :D

A lot of blood, sweat, tears and swear-words went into getting my car on the road, but it would not have been even remotley possible without all the help support and micky taking recieved on this forum so I would just like to say a big thanks to everyone

Cheers

Alan

• 3 weeks later...