Page loading delay when using mobile phone

I'm seeing long page loading delays, over 10 seconds sometimes, when using my iPhone to browse the forums. Experimenting with a simultaneous connection on the same local network calling up the same page but with a normal browser gives no delay.

Is this an issue with the mobile skin that the IP Board software presents when it identifies a mobile connecting?

• 4 weeks later...

My experience is that iPhones are just "****" - the newer the model the worse it gets

I have sat iPad and iPhone next to each other, both same 3G network and/or wifi and the phone is terrible

Further, the iPhone seems to use some 'ap' or different format to display, which looks different (ok, but different) - the iPad accesses the normal website

It's not the iPhone that uses a different app for the forum, it uses Safari. The forum software detects a mobile connection and reformats the display for a small screen.

As there has been no response to my question from the webmaster I'll have to live with it I suppose.

Edited by peejay4A

My iPhone 4S has a typical forum page load time of 2-3 seconds. iOS 5.1.1 on either US wireless carrier AT&T or my home wifi Charter Cable. It might be a little slower than iPad or desktop, but it's fast enough not to be aggravating. Ten seconds would be a real pain to live with.