Why won't the forum let me...........

1. Post a web-hosted photo (e.g. from FaceBook, Google photo etc), or

2. Post a hyperlink using the reply toolbar icons, or

3. Use cut & paste (e.g. Word or links etc), or

4. Reply to a poster using the 'Quote' or 'Multi-quote' tab

My firewall settings have not been changed and I haven't changed any of my forum settings (that I know of), so any clues please?

Cheers

Andrew

1. Post a web-hosted photo (e.g. from FaceBook, Google photo etc), or

2. Post a hyperlink using the reply toolbar icons, or

3. Use cut & paste (e.g. Word or links etc), or

4. Reply to a poster using the 'Quote' or 'Multi-quote' tab

My firewall settings have not been changed and I haven't changed any of my forum settings (that I know of), so any clues please?

Cheers

Andrew

Test Quote Andrew?

Probably upset someone Alan - no, not using a, 'appleberry thingy', but I have just checked my HTC and the quote function etc works on that.

I was going to PM Webby, but I note that Mike hasn't been on the forum since 6 November so have PM'd Wayne.

Cheers

Andrew

Testing.... quote

Probably upset someone Alan - no, not using a, 'appleberry thingy', but I have just checked my HTC and the quote function etc works on that.

I was going to PM Webby, but I note that Mike hasn't been on the forum since 6 November so have PM'd Wayne.

Cheers

Andrew

Testing hyper link:

TR Register

Testing cut and paste:

you mention the change in regulations next year to the engines in particular

Test other quote:

multi quote

Wayne testing as Andrew....

Andrew - all seems to be working fine - PM sent.

Nope - nothing.

Your Slacking :)

Posting image:

tr.jpg

Copy and paste from Word:

One of the key things about Formula 1 at the moment is of course the lack of testing that teams are allowed to do during the season

Hyperlink test:

TR Register

Upload attachment:

Edited by Andrew Smith

It seem I'm not alone in experiencing these problems, but I don't think it's anything to do with Dell as I have no issues with other forums I use.

Wayne says he has forwarded my issues to the Forum Software Desk, but haven't heard back yet.

Cheers

Andrew

• 4 months later...

Spill the beans then . I have standard internet explorer 11 on a PC and it won't let me paste in a link on a reply. I've tried a few of the option icons to no avail. One brought a dialogue box which would not go away even when ok or cancel was chosen and even the close box so that was weird.

Paul

Spill the beans then . I have standard internet explorer 11 on a PC and it won't let me paste in a link on a reply. I've tried a few of the option icons to no avail. One brought a dialogue box which would not go away even when ok or cancel was chosen and even the close box so that was weird.

Paul

There have been a number of folks reporting problems with IE11. Not with earlier version of IE, and not with Firefox or Chrome.

My advice -- biased from a number of years of delight -- try Chrome.

• 1 month later...

Arrived at this post as I could not paste a new post which I carefully prepared in Word...

I can paste to the post subject line though

Also cannot use the 'image' icon above; it opens a pop-up but that's it; I'm stuck thereafter.

I have added "tr-register.co.uk" to the 'compatibility view' of IE11, but no improvement

Suggestions?

(other then going to Chrome or similar)

• 2 weeks later...