Purolator oil pressure banjo and stud

Post 60K engine, Purolator oil filter head. Looking at the way the oil pressure banjo is attached, there is a channel in the housing but the only way that oil can get to the banjo is through the gap between the stud and the housing. The Haynes book talks about a hollow bolt but I have a solid stud with a cap nut. Is this correct and there is enough of a gap around that stud to allow oil up to the gauge ?

Stan

Post 60K engine, Purolator oil filter head. Looking at the way the oil pressure banjo is attached, there is a channel in the housing but the only way that oil can get to the banjo is through the gap between the stud and the housing. The Haynes book talks about a hollow bolt but I have a solid stud with a cap nut. Is this correct and there is enough of a gap around that stud to allow oil up to the gauge ?

Stan

Stan,

I had a stud too. Make sure you use the correct copper washer arrangement, one s bigger than the other.

No problem with oil gauge.

The oil goes up around the stud. The larger of the two copper washers goes on first and then the banjo/pipe fitting then the smaller washer and finally the dome headed nut.

Stuart.

Hollow stud.....

No such thing ever used on the 4 Cyl TR engine.

Customers who needed a hollow stud for their oil pressure feed, because they had low pressure, usually need a crank re grind......

Cheers

Peter W

Hollow stud.....

No such thing ever used on the 4 Cyl TR engine.

Customers who needed a hollow stud for their oil pressure feed, because they had low pressure, usually need a crank re grind......

Cheers

Peter W

Peter, the hollow bolt info came from Haynes, page 50 in my copy in the section describing the filter head refitting:

"The bolt on the bottom left is hollow and also secures the oil pressure gauge pressure pipe union. Assemble the bolt with FIBRE washers on either side of the union and fit to the filter head."

Stan