Looking for 1962 TR4 reg 9067 RW

Dear all, I am a new member and am looking for a TR4 that belonged to my late father in the 1960s when he was wooing my mother in Cardiff in the late 60s. I have a photo of mum sitting on the bonnet! Apparently according to the DVLA the car does still exist, is blue and has recently been relicensed. Any help in finding this car would be hugely appreciated. I am a classic car fan and own a racing Fulvia HF. Again, any help would be very much appreciated by my brother and I. I am in Harpenden in Herts.

Registration is "9067 RW" and its a 1962 car.

Thanks

Jonathan

Edited by bruciebonuz

Contact Jon Marshall, TR4/4A Registrar (jon.marshall@dsl.pipex.com). If Jon has a record of the car, he can contact the current owner to see whether s/he is prepared to talk to you!

Ian Cornish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You might try the DVLA website to track that registration number ... lots of 4 figure RW numbers have been hooked off to put on lightweight e type replica's ..... so it might not be on the car. Im told an 'RW' is worth £5k

Regards

Tony

Your fathers car was a very early TR4

CT7 6177 Rw was the Earls Court Car

CT285 6179 RW was another Earls Court Car

CT286 6181 RW was used by Microplas to develop the Hard Top

9067 RW must have had some interesting history as well, good luck in your search

Regards

John

Hi Jonathan

The chassis number of your fathers car will not have been that early in the production run, given that most of the early production went stateside and circa three thousand vehicles were registered in the Coventry locality between the early press cars (highlighted above) and this car.

I would guestimate the chassis number is most likely to be between CT6200-CT6400, with an original registration date of Late March-Early April 1962. ;)

I hope you are able to locate the car, my fathers original TR2 (HJA530) is known to the Register, however despite writing to the current owner, they haven't yet found the time to offer a reply.

Good luck with your endevours

Kind regards

Andrew

Edited by brydon

Hi Jonathan,

you say you have begged the DVLA for the contact BUT have you tried to give them MONEY.

Indeed money unlocks most doors.

There is a form to send in requesting details - I got mine from the local DVLA office at Borehamwood.

It costs about £5-10.

You need a supposedly good reason for the info - eg you want to screw somebody for being 1 minute late in a parking place etc.

However if you explain the historical side they may get it sorted.

Roger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jonathan, Not sure if your enquiries have revealled this already but the car is on SORN and isn't due to be taxed/SORN again until 01.06.11. Car is currently shown as blue. Suspect therefore that it is in storage or possibly being restored. It must have been on the road when SORN started as otherwise it would not be necessary to bother with SORN.

info gained from:

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

Thanks for the information. At least its "active" if you see what I mean....i.e. someone is doing something with it - hopefully I will track it down one day but the DVLA was a definite no which only leaves the police and I dont fancy fibbing to them about my reasons for wanting the info!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jonathon

DVLA will not release info from the vehicle record without reasonable cause, and I am afraid your reason would not fit with their definition of reasonable cause. They had a lot of hassle a couple of years ago giving out vehicle keeper data to questionable private parking operations and were castigated by Senior Civil Servants at DfT for doing so. I know, I was at the meeting!!

However, DVLA do try to be helpful and they should be willing to pass a letter with your enquiry on to the current keeper. I worked for DVLA for 13 years, so know that this happens reasonably frequently. But of course, if the current keeper doesn't want to contact you that's up to them. Good luck.

Terry Barnard

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

I am still looking for this car. Its on SORN til next June so may be undergoing resto or languishing in someones garage....if anyone sees it, please let me know - jonpstevenson@aol.com.

In the meantime I have realised a dream and purchased a 1969 Fulvia 1.6 HF. Not a triumph I know, but a pretty cool car nonetheless!

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan

post-8979-0-87701400-1309181545_thumb.jpg

post-8979-0-87701400-1309181545_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...