Here we go again

Hi Guys

Thought you guys might like to follow this one as the 5 refurb went down well ;) standby Stuart :lol: what do you think of the gaps mate? As requested Alan

Edited by ntc

Definitely not as original.

Are you sure you have left enough space for the paint?!

AlanR

:lol::lol::lol: Looking good Neil, nice one mate ;)

Stuart.

I'd mount the chromed striker plate on the "B" posts as well as the horizontal latch in the doors and check again. On both the TR3As that I did, I had tho shorten the angled end of the door latch before sending it to the re-chrome shop - as well as grind off about 1/8" from the serrated back of the plate on the "B" posts so the doors could close. I agree with Alan about the paint thickness. As for the arched portion at the top of the door to skuttle (above the hinges), I'd leave that. Once the black rubber strip in in that space, it will look fine.

The blue paint on the lower outer sill is still blue which tells me that this sill was done prior to what you're doing now. It appears to me that the lower outer door sills may be repros and these are pressed straight. If the door is an original door with an original outer skin, you will find that the door has a curve from front to back of about 1/8". The sill looks flat from one end to the other and if you add some lead filler to the outer sill to conform to the curve that should be on an original door, the sill would look better and with a nice radius on this bot, you could make the bottom gap look better. Also you might want to consider raising the door by the hinge plates.

The photo is fron the 2nd TR I did. After painting, it came out looking super.

I'd mount the chromed striker plate on the "B" posts as well as the horizontal latch in the doors and check again. On both the TR3As that I did, I had tho shorten the angled end of the door latch before sending it to the re-chrome shop - as well as grind off about 1/8" from the serrated back of the plate on the "B" posts so the doors could close. I agree with Alan about the paint thickness. As for the arched portion at the top of the door to skuttle (above the hinges), I'd leave that. Once the black rubber strip in in that space, it will look fine.

The blue paint on the lower outer sill is still blue which tells me that this sill was done prior to what you're doing now. It appears to me that the lower outer door sills may be repros and these are pressed straight. If the door is an original door with an original outer skin, you will find that the door has a curve from front to back of about 1/8". The sill looks flat from one end to the other and if you add some lead filler to the outer sill to conform to the curve that should be on an original door, the sill would look better and with a nice radius on this bot, you could make the bottom gap look better. Also you might want to consider raising the door by the hinge plates.

The photo is fron the 2nd TR I did. After painting, it came out looking super.

Don

The shell is totally original :) as is the sills

Morning All

I am impressed at the way you have managed to get a wavey line between the door and wing rather than go for the boring, usual uniform one seen on other cars Don . Its a breath of fresh air to read postings and view photos from people whos cars looked super after painting.

My wife looks pritty good with make up on.

Sarcasum Lowest form of wit ( great in it )

Patch

Well that did not take long :lol: there are those that know and those that don't tat ta

And those who "don't know" - should they, or could they, have known?

Shame you deleted the photo so quickly. Now, no-one can see what it's

all about.

AlanR

all about.

AlanR

Hi Alan

I have owned 11 Tr's and rebuild 5 of them . I do not mind constructive criticism, but bullsh"" not for me thanks .I help others on here as they do me.Pics put back at the top

all about.

AlanR

And there are those who don't understand what's going on! The photos look superb buts what's with the comments, who upset who?

Rgds Ian

All looking good, guess you are going to be busy for a while, I'll try not to bother you with to many calls and questionswink.gifHonesttongue.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Don

The shell is totally original :) as is the sills

Neil,

Not that it's particularly important but, this must be one very very rare TR as there can't be many/any other sidescreen cars with unrepaired but not-rusty shells.

How lovely!

My TR3 is all steel now, having been a lot of holes and rust/filler/general horrible stuff before the rebuild.

David

Neil,

Not that it's particularly important but, this must be one very very rare TR as there can't be many/any other sidescreen cars with unrepaired but not-rusty shells.

How lovely!

My TR3 is all steel now, having been a lot of holes and rust/filler/general horrible stuff before the rebuild.

David

Hi David

Thanks,and yes no filler(apart from where the factory put it,no welding, no rust :D just the odd stress cracks in the engine bay to sort front inner wing

Edited by ntc

Update: With the help of my glamourous assistant Emoes, starting this morning 8:30 to fit body back on the chassis finished by lunchtime. Every hole lined perfect and a quick refit of panels spot on. Very happy bunny!!! :D:D:D

Update: With the help of my glamourous assistant Emoes, starting this morning 8:30 to fit body back on the chassis finished by lunchtime. Every hole lined perfect and a quick refit of panels spot on. Very happy bunny!!! :D:D:D

Ideal mate well done.

Stuart.

Bloody Hell Neil, at this rate it will be ready for Stafford saturday weeklaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif.

Sounds like it.s all coming together nicely, looking forward to seeing your hard workwink.gif

Edited by Clarkey