tr6 ignition timing

Hello Rien,

Publication number is AKM3646 pages 05-03 & 05-04. Pretty basic information as per scans below. If you want copies of the original bigger scans send me an email to saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk.

cheers

Derek

img225-1.jpg

img227-1.jpg

Hello Rien,

Publication number is AKM3646 pages 05-03 & 05-04. Pretty basic information as per scans below. If you want copies of the original bigger scans send me an email to saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk.

cheers

Derek

img225-1.jpg

img227-1.jpg

Hi Derek,

Many thanks for the info, I do not have that late manual, but I have found them for sale on the internet and bought him, directly.

So I have some news to study :D

Cheers,

Rien

Hi Derek,

Thanks from me as well for the information. It seems the manual I bought (TR6 Repair Operations Manual, 545277/E2) does not address this distributor and related data. I will send you an email - Thanks!

Hi Rien,

Where did you find the manual?

(I have PM-ed you on the distrubutor)

Wytze

Have a look at threads http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=24116&st=0 and http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=31726 . And you will see that at cruise it is quiet possible to run total advance in the mid 30s. Here it is in conjunction with a 123Tune, however should be possible with VA on a mechanical dizzy with maximum advance 14deg. (28 deg. crank.)

Stan

Hi Derek,

Thanks from me as well for the information. It seems the manual I bought (TR6 Repair Operations Manual, 545277/E2) does not address this distributor and related data. I will send you an email - Thanks!

Hi Rien,

Where did you find the manual?

(I have PM-ed you on the distrubutor)

Wytze

Hi Wytze, I have found one OE paper version on Amazon.com but I have seen more included a digital version.

Cheers,

Rien

Hi folks,

Yust found a 'Amendment to check card No. 6' (dated 10/74) from the Rover Triumph service training department.

Engine changes for 1973 petrol injection cars

For cars with engine prefix from CR-1E and MG -75001E (2.5 PI saloon).

TR6:

Igintion timing:

Static 4 dec B.T.D.C.

Strobe light 6 dec B.T.D.C.

Injection timing:

30 dec A.T.D.C.

The tolerance of for injection timing is 20 dec A.T.D.C. to 45 dec A.T.D.C.

So I think we have a new discussion, wich manual are correct :angry:

Cheers,

Rien

Agile,

The original settings for the 41542 distributor according to the Truimph Repair Operation Manual are static 11 degree BTDC, 0 degrees crankshaft advance at 700 RPM, 0-1.5 degrees advance at 1000 RPM, 0.5 - 3.0 at 1200 RPM, 3.5 - 6.0 at 1600 RPM and 8 -10 at 2200 RPM.

For the original poster who had a 41502 distributor the settings are static11 degrees BTDC, 0 degrees at 600 RPM, 0-1 at 800 RPM, 2.5 - 4.5 at 1200 RPM, 6-8 at 1600 RPM, 13-15 at 2400 RPM.

Hope that this helps

cheers

Derek

Derek

I think the Bentley repair manual gives static in crankshaft degrees and the centifugal in distributor degrees. I remember being very confused - their use of disy degrees for the cfa was well hidden! Since 1deg disy = 2 crank deg we would have from your table at say 2200 rpm a total advance of 12ck ( static) plus 16-20ck centrifugally. That gives total of 28 to 32ck at 2200rpm. Comment deleted - your table is clearly in ck degs.

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

The setting for the 123 is incorrect if running 10-1 / 4 compression

Hi Neil, you can program every setting you like in the 123tune! not with the normal 123Ignition version.

Regards,

Rien

Hi Neil, you can program every setting you like in the 123tune! not with the normal 123Ignition version.

Regards,

Rien

Rien

Do a search ;) was one of the first involved with the usb

Regards,

Rien

Ohw, but do you not have good results with them?

Rien

• 3 years later...

Hello Rien,

cheers

Derek

img225-1.jpg

img227-1.jpg

Hi Derek,

I am interested in the vacuum advance data for TR engines. Would be very grateful if you could post, please :)

cheers

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold