Fan extension bolt - what torque

Question is 'simples'. What the torque settingh for the fan extension bolt please

Regards

Robin2

Guy

many thanks. Is the Haynes manual to be recommended ? I was hopeing to bick up one of those brown bibles but .......

Guy

many thanks. Is the Haynes manual to be recommended ? I was hopeing to bick up one of those brown bibles but .......

Hi Robin,

I prefer the Brown bible, :rolleyes: you should get one. However it did not have the torque setting

required, hence the Haynes.

If some one knows otherwise, instead of pressing silly little red buttons on post,

dont hide behind your keyboard, if you have a comment, bloody make it!!

We are all here to help each other after all. Rant over :rolleyes:

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

Hi Robin,

I prefer the Brown bible, :rolleyes: you should get one. However it did not have the torque setting

required, hence the Haynes.

If some one knows otherwise, instead of pressing silly little red buttons on post,

dont hide behind your keyboard, if you have a comment, bloody make it!!

We are all here to help each other after all. Rant over :rolleyes:

Cheers

Guy

Hi Guy

I know what you mean, anyway Robin what Guy said is correct however you could do it to 50 and it would self tighten

Hi Guy

I know what you mean, anyway Robin what Guy said is correct however you could do it to 50 and it would self tighten

hi robin

i had one go lose on me , when i had a fan connected, i give it the big one with the hand brake on and car in reverse

i allso put a little bolt lock on it

i had a big torque wrench did not go up that far

so it had a ring spanner on it and a small section of scafold pole conected

pink

90lb it is.Take out no1 sparkplug,feed some rope in the bore.When torque-ing up the piston will compress the rope and lock the engine.Simple and always works for me.DONT forget to pull the rope out and of course leave a length hanging out of the sparkplug hole when you start the job.( I know teaching grandmother how to suck eggs)

Regards Harry TR5 Nutterbiggrin.gif

hi robin

i had one go lose on me , when i had a fan connected, i give it the big one with the hand brake on and car in reverse

i allso put a little bolt lock on it

i had a big torque wrench did not go up that far

so it had a ring spanner on it and a small section of scafold pole conected

pink

That will be tight then :P;)

Stuart

Is the Haynes manual to be recommended ? I was hopeing to bick up one of those brown bibles but .......

I have both. The Haynes manual is better on brakes for example. I also have the spares book, where the explosions are useful.

One cannot have too much information.

They are all to be found on eBay.

Ivor

Wise words from all and Pinky seems to have a method as well. I have borowed an expensive torque wrench from a mate as I've got it al;l to tighten as its all been stripped. From feedback seems I need some new calipers as well as mine dont seem to want to take the brake pipe male unions any more. Well never mind just getting frustrated to not be on the road, I'tll be worth it when its done.

Time for bed.

Goodnight and thanks guys.

Robin