Photos of childhood dream

A few photos of a crisp Autumn morning 2 weeks into ownership. Who said Sundays were boring!

Looking good. Also note the new inline image viewer that we got with the Forum sw update, it is the same viewer that is used on the register main site (eg Gallery), very slick.

Stan

Hi Eddie,

And many congrats on the car......you saved me a future topic to post.

I'll be having my red 6 painted next year and been toying with the idea of red sills back panel etc, but I just couldn't picture it in my head.

Now that I've seen an example it's not for me, no offence old chap, each to their own.

Happy TRing,

Richard.

At least with the all-red treatment it will be easier to spot in a field full of otherwise identical red sixes.

As far as I'm concerned, every TR should have something unique or slightly quirky about it. It adds character (at least that's my excuse) and winds up the 'originality' freaks a treat. :D Best if it's subtle (as this is) and not too 'in your face'.

Yes`to be honest,i had to look behond originality and by on condition primarily.It looks in great condition,and sounds simply superb, but those tripple carbs certainly like a drink,but its certainly music to my hears and well worth it,very intoxicating i must admit.

The Webers should not be any worse than the PI for fuel consumption although if you have a chronic lead foot condition neither will be great. A good topic for another thread I think as it is always interesting to poke at engines and Weber, throttle linkage, crank ventilation configurations but drive it around for a while and get some average fuel consumption numbers and then we can call in the cavalry if the numbers are way off.

Stan

As for engine modifications,there are a few so ill start a new post up,so hopefully get more feedback.ill put it under,engine modification gains,cheers.

Nice wheels mate

Have you stopped smiling yet :D

Nice wheels mate

Have you stopped smiling yet :D

Yours too Clarkey`lovely.

Ive got to admit theyre very addictive.Ive just come from tvr`s and i cannot believe the attention they attract,possibly more than my tvr,but i hope its just to be a case of look but dont touch,or better still dont park it just drive it.

The Webers should not be any worse than the PI for fuel consumption although if you have a chronic lead foot condition neither will be great. A good topic for another thread I think as it is always interesting to poke at engines and Weber, throttle linkage, crank ventilation configurations but drive it around for a while and get some average fuel consumption numbers and then we can call in the cavalry if the numbers are way off.

Stan

We were going from Italy to Germany for the Euromeet in September, and I didn't believe that the Webers/Dellortos aren't heavy drinkers, so I picked one of the other TR6's with Webers (well, nearly all Italian 6s have Webers) and we did the refueling each time together. I did about 25-27 mpg average with my '72 US-spec TR6 with SUs and the '71 EU-spec with Webers did about 26-28 mpg. ohmy.gif

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself.

Ciao,

Tom

We were going from Italy to Germany for the Euromeet in September, and I didn't believe that the Webers/Dellortos aren't heavy drinkers, so I picked one of the other TR6's with Webers (well, nearly all Italian 6s have Webers) and we did the refueling each time together. I did about 25-27 mpg average with my '72 US-spec TR6 with SUs and the '71 EU-spec with Webers did about 26-28 mpg. ohmy.gif

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself.

Ciao,

Tom

Hi Tom

I have been saying it for years ;) when setup right like for like and drivern the same they use less fuel. This year going to Malvern I run a modified 6 pot on webers the chap that went with me was in a std Cp car in vgc we both filled up at the same place, on the way back his cost £7.00 more to fill up, and before anybody ask there was some spirited driving

Edited by ntc